Remedy

According to the news, I'm not the only one who thinks this flu season seems to be particularly rough - seems like pretty much everyone in the northern hemisphere is getting sick!  Since there's no cure for the common cold or influenza, staying home to rest and treating the symptoms is pretty much the only thing to do.  Beyond watching Netflix in my pajamas while eating chicken congee, I've found a few great natural remedies that make me feel a lot less miserable and are from Canadian companies too.  

  • Saje Immune diffuser oil blend in my bedside diffuser helps with the runny nose and coughing.  I also like the Breathe blend from local Calgarian company Nature Notes.  
  • If you don't have a diffuser, try the Breathe Easy Wellness Balm from Rocky Mountain Soap around your nose, on your temples and throat.  I also like to use both the balm and my diffuser together to help me sleep when I have a stuffy nose, cough, or sore throat.
  • My Pod4Design therapy bag is great as a warm compress for inflamed sinuses or a cool compress for a fever (my husband also likes to use it cold from the freezer for his pressure migraines).  Made in Winnipeg, they have removable, washable covers to keep things sanitary.  

And of course, staying hydrated is important!  There are a lot of tea blends to help with soothing flu symptoms but my old favourite involves making ginger tea with lots of lemon and local honey.  Super easy to make and it tastes great too!  

What are your favourite home remedies when you're sick?  

Comments

Popular Posts