News

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope everyone had a great Christmas with loved ones and a wonderful (and warm) New Year's Eve.  Here in Calgary it's thankfully warmed up a lot from the extreme cold we had over the holidays and I, for one, am very grateful.  
As mentioned in my last post the direction of Studio Intent is changing again.  What this means is basically fewer pop ups and more blogging about sustainable living.  I still have a great passion for supporting ethical and sustainable brands but with the market becoming saturated with pop up shops and the local economy still trying to recover, making a living from hosting pop ups is simply impossible.  After all, it's quite contradictory to support fair trade and living wages for makers and artisans the world over while making less than living wage myself!  I'm very thankful that my husband has supported our family for the last few years but I don't want to keep asking him to shoulder that solely forever.  

So what can you expect from Studio Intent this year?  
  • Pop up shops featuring ethical and sustainable brands twice a year (at most).  These will likely happen when the seasons start changing and people are looking for clothing in the spring and fall.  
  • Spotlights on ethical and sustainable brands.  There are lots of directories available online and I don't intend to start another one so this will be more about sharing the brands I love and why I love them.  
  • Reviews of ethical beauty products and clean beauty brands.  
  • Posts on minimizing wardrobes and choosing versatile pieces.  
  • Tips on shopping less - I'll have a more in-depth retrospective of trying not to buy anything in 2017 up soon.  
  • Slow living and methods to deal with stress and anxiety.
I don't intend to become one of the main resources for ethical and sustainable living online, nor do I want that responsibility - providing more information so people have more choices is my intent.  Let me know if there are other topics you'd like to read more about.  

Comments

Popular Posts