#yycfall

After all the lingering summer heat we had as everyone got back-to-work or went back-to-school, it finally feels like fall!  While the switch to shorter days and chilly temperatures can be a bit depressing for sun lovers like me, there are so many great events happening right now that make up for the change in weather.  Check out what's on my calendar below - including upcoming Studio Intent pop up shops:

  • Beakerhead 2017 (September 13-17): Love the displays that light up after dark and the fun science activities along Stephen Ave in the afternoon!  This year I'm also looking forward to the fire displays like Serpent Mother and trying to escape the Locked Library.  
  • Market Collective 9 Year Anniversary (September -17): The biggest Market Collective yet, with many new-to-the-event makers and designers.  They've also booked two of my fave food trucks (Waffles n' Chix and The Dumpling Hero) so I won't get hungry while I browse!  
  • Etsy: Made in Canada - Calgary (September 22-23): Between Market Collective and this event I usually have all my ideas for Christmas presents planned out in advance, if not already purchased.  It helps to have a list prepared beforehand of the people I need to get presents for; buying Christmas presents well before December makes my Christmas less stressful (and helps with budgeting for presents too).  
  • Little Modern Market: Fall Edition (September 23): Another great local market which always has a number of designers and artists I can't find at Market Collective or Etsy Calgary!  I already have a couple of.. "specific requests" from family *coughMOMcough* about what they'd like for Christmas, so I know which vendors I need to see while they're in Calgary.  
  • Pop up - Birdseye Vintage & Jennea Frischke @ WorldTown Cosmetics (September 28-30): Kicking off the first fall pop up with vintage clothing and handmade jewellery from local artist Jennea Frischke - more details coming soon! 
  • New Craft Coalition Fall Show (October 20-21): I really missed their cancelled spring show earlier this year - they often have unique vendors that return year after year, so this is usually the only time to catch artists like Joanna Lovett, for example.  
  • Pop up - By Jean Michel @ YYC Chic: Come out and support Making Changes and check out new prints and designs from By Jean Michel while you're at it!  I'll be supporting the BJM team at their pop up booth so come say hi!  

Comments

Popular Posts