FaceTime

When I made the initial decision to switch to clean beauty I was really worried that there wouldn't be a lot of choice and that my skin condition would worsen - I already had issues with dull skin, hormonal break outs in my t-zone, and huge panda-like dark circles under my eyes.  Instead I found the opposite: my skin is the happiest it's ever been since experiencing "the joys of puberty", plus there is so much selection that it's taken a while to work out my perfect non-toxic skincare and makeup routine.  Check it out below! 


Morning

  1. Wash face with Drunk Elephant's Juju bar and wipe off with soft face cloth/flannel.
  2. Apply one pump each of Drunk Elephant's C-Firma Day Serum & B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel mixed together (I only apply this mixture on my face, not my neck).
  3. Apply Goddess Garden's facial sunscreen to face & neck (this sunscreen also works well as a makeup primer).  
  4. Apply Bite Beauty's Agave Lip Mask to lips (if applying lip colour afterwards I use the original clear formula, if going without lip colour I use the tinted formula in Smashed).   


5-minute natural makeup

  1. Use Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer under eyes and on any spots or discolourations.
  2. Apply Fitglow Vita-Set Powder all over the face (read my review of this powder here). 
  3. Apply Urban Decay's Brow Tamer Gel in clear to the brows in direction of hair growth. 
  4. Fill in brows with Concrete Minerals' matte pigment in Disturbia. 
  5. Highlight brow bone, inner corner of eyes, cupid's bow, & centre of eyelid with Concrete Minerals' pigment in Prude/Frost/Still Ill/White Rabbit.
  6. Apply Fitglow mineral blush in Rosé/Beach Glow (both shades are highlighting blushes so I frequently skip highlighting the tops of my cheekbones).
  7. Apply NYR lengthening mascara to top and bottom lashes.  


Evening

  1. Cleanse face with Drunk Elephant's Pekee Bar - this removes my daily makeup as well. 
  2. Apply two pumps of Indie Lee's CoQ-10 toner to a cotton facial pad and wipe all over face. 
  3. Mix one pump of Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic night serum with one pump of Drunk Elephant's Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil and apply mixture to face.  This works very well during cool, dry weather, but with the heat, humidity, and air pollution this summer I've switched out the marula oil for Herbivore's Lapis Facial Oil.
  4. Apply Indie Lee's Calendula Eye Balm to under eye area.  
While not all of the products I use are from natural skincare/makeup brands, none of them test on animals and all of the ingredients they list for that product are non-toxic (you can check your ingredients against dangerous chemical lists from David Suzuki or Vossity).  You can also ask a doctor for a list of chemicals to avoid.  

Here in Canada I've only been able to find Drunk Elephant, Tarte Cosmetics, and Bite Beauty at Sephora, but Urban Decay is also available at Shopper's Beauty Boutique and Murale.  Herbivore Botanicals can be found at SephoraChapters Indigo and Vossity; Calgary folks can also find them at Fresh Laundry. Indie Lee is available online at Vossity but also in Calgary at Goldgrass Home.  Neal's Yard Remedies can be shopped online or in store in Calgary.  I buy my Concrete Minerals and Fitglow products at Worldtown Cosmetics. Goddess Garden can be found at Community Natural Foods. 

This post is not sponsored.

Comments

Popular Posts