Summer Capsule

If you follow along on Instagram you've probably already noticed that I'm on vacation - was up in Edmonton last week and will be heading down to Glacier National Park via Lethbridge soon.  I always used to pack too many clothes for vacations, overthinking what I would need and what I might like to wear.  Keeping a capsule wardrobe has definitely helped change that!  Not only do I have a smaller collection of clothes to pick from, it's also easier to choose pieces that mix and match together.
  

Below you can see the six pieces I chose to pack; each top pairs with each bottom to give me a total of nine outfits to choose from.  Besides the fact that they all pair well with each other, having a variety of bottoms helps change the look for different occasions or weather.  The shorts are more casual, the skirt is dressier, and the jeans are warmer than both (perfect for when the temperature suddenly drops as prairie weather is wont to do).  Above you can see me wearing my tan sandals, not pictured are the black wedges I also packed and my rain jacket.

What do you have in your summer capsule wardrobe?  

Top row (left to right): BMW promotional tank (old) / Josiane Perron tee (old); also seen here / Dagg & Stacey crop top (old, still available); also seen here
Bottom row (left to right): Dagg & Stacey skirt (old, still available) / U.N.I. loose shorts (available here) / Frame skinny jeans (old); also seen here & here

Comments

Popular Posts