April Update: The List


While I was successful at not buying any clothing, footwear, or accessories last month, part of the reason is because I've been budgeting to buy a few items this season.  I know, I know.. I'm not supposed to be buying anything at all this year that I don't need.. but these items will definitely make my life easier:
  • waterproof shell that packs small and fits over my armoured motorcycle jacket
  • pair of tan, open-toed, flat sandals with a supportive insole and an ankle strap
  • one-piece swimsuit 
Why these items are useful additions to my wardrobe? 
  • Umbrellas aren't great when it's rainy and windy, plus they're impossible to use on a motorcycle (for obvious reasons).  My moto jacket is water-resistant, but in a sudden downpour the rain gets through very quickly.  Packing small also means a waterproof shell takes up very little room when the weather is nice; it's also great for traveling.  
  • I walk a lot and most heels aren't great for long distances or time periods, especially over uneven or soft ground.  When traveling in warmer, more humid climates, closed toe shoes quickly become hot and sweaty and also painful without proper arch support.  They also need an ankle strap to keep them on my feet should I need to run.  
  • Waterslides, surfing.. a bikini can be a really bad idea in those situations!  
Happily I've found ethical companies for the waterproof shell and also the one-piece swimsuit, though I'm having less luck with finding a pair of sandals that fit my description that are also ethical/sustainable.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  

Photos courtesy of Micheal Jones

Comments

Popular Posts