Beauty Detox: Fitglow Vita-Set

Over the last six months I've been in the process of detoxifying my beauty routine - replacing my old beauty products with toxin-free options that are as ethical and sustainable as possible.  I'm a big NARS fan and I'm glad that they are cruelty-free and have vitamin-enriched formulas, but I'm not sure how natural they are beyond that.  For the last few years I've used either NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Alaska (or the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer before that) or NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation in Deauville, depending on how dry it is here in Calgary.  Finding a natural alternative that matched my skin tone and suited my combination skin type has involved some trial and error!

The new Vita-Set Powder from Fitglow Beauty is pretty much the answer to my natural makeup prayers!  While marketed as a setting powder I do find it has some sheer coverage to it - you can use it with a brush or with the included powder puff for an airbrushed finish.  I love how it evens out my skin tone and calms any redness while eliminating shine, but I will say that it is definitely NOT translucent.  In colour I found it to be somewhat lighter than my NARS Deauville powder foundation but still a very good match for my warm skin tone.  Those with cooler skin tones might not find the shade a good match.  

Left - #iwokeuplikethis / Right: Vita-Set on clean, moisturized skin with concealer under my eyes
Natural light, no filter, taken with my old-ass iPhone 4S (no photog around atm)

Vita-Set is on the pricier side but I find a little goes a long way - I literally turn it upside down holding the puff in place, tap the bottom four times and powder my whole face.  Fitglow isn't exaggerating about Vita-Set's skin-improving qualities either; I had a bad break out around Christmas and my skin has healed much faster and existing acne scars have faded.  If you like the "my-own-skin-just-better" look, Vita-Set is for you!  

If you're in Calgary you can check it out in store at WorldTown Cosmetics, otherwise you can buy it online on Fitglow Beauty's website.  

Not sponsored, just loved!

Comments

Popular Posts