A new year


I talk a lot about conscious consumerism on this blog: buying less, buying better quality, buying ethically made, buying sustainable fabrics, buying fair trade.  Yet one thing that really sticks with me about that statement is the buying - the addition of things to my life I don't actually need.

So this year I decided that I'm not going to buy any items of clothing, footwear or accessories for the whole year, whether new or used.  As with most new year's resolutions I'm worried about backsliding and reneging on my promises to myself, so I'll be posting monthly updates with any problems and/or progress I'm experiencing (the internet will keep me accountable!).  I'll keep writing about fashion and the slow living lifestyle as well, though expect to see more re-styling of old favourites instead of new loves.  

As for pop up shops, I will still be holding them throughout the year.  While I have a closet full of well-loved clothes that fit me and are comfortable, I know that isn't the case for everyone.  As always, details of any upcoming pop ups will be posted here on the blog as well.  

Comments

Popular Posts